Hi SM Family,
After two years, Sophia Witherington is sadly leaving Startmate. Her last day is the 15th March. 😔
Excitingly, she’s taking some time off, and then joining the Product team at Canva. I can’t wait to watch Sophia’s next adventure unfold and where where life takes her!
She joined the team when it was literally three of us, and she has been truly transformational to Startmate in the past two years. She’s changed hundreds of lives by launching and scaling the Women, Student, Engineering Fellowships, and bringing in coaches and sponsors, which has truly transformed how startups think about hiring.
Startmate is unimaginable without it. Startmate wouldn’t be where it is without Sophia 💕
On a related note, we’re hiring a Customer Relationship Lead (every like and comment is appreciated in helping us find someone amazing) to fill one of the many shoes Sophia was wearing whilst at Startmate. 🩰
1. We’re hiring a Customer Relationship Lead. Check it out (and hit like) on LinkedIn!
2. The Talent Engine is publicly launching on the 4th March. (You’re the first ones to hear about it.)
3. Applications and EOIs for three Fellowships (Media Fellowship, Talent Acquisition FellowshipWomen Fellowship). Send this to your friends.
We call this the Triple P strategy: Programs, Products, Platform.
1. Programs — get everyone working in their power lanes and launch 7 new programs.
2. Products — build our first tech product and raise a financial product (the Continuity Fund).
3. Platform — integrate programs and products to work together on one platform.